Ginnie Cappaert is a full time visual artist and has maintained a professional art practice for more than twenty years. In this travel and painting retreat, Ginnie will help students to find an intuitive style of painting that seems playful, while working in the medium of oil and cold wax. Daily demo’s and discussions, group exercises as well as individual attention to guide students to discover their own personal style will be of importance. Ginnie will focus on the use of color, form and line as well as adding layers to create abstract paintings with interesting color fields inspired by the French countryside. In this ten day painting experience, each student will be working at their own level with plenty of time for journaling, contemplation and exploring the local villages which Ginnie believes all help create ‘authentic’ artists and original work. She believes in finding the ‘deeper meaning’ behind your painting and believes art is not just about techniques.
For over ten years, Ginnie has been exploring the medium of oil and cold wax. She studied with American painter, Rebecca Crowell and has developed her own style rich with color, layers, mark making, texture and form. She paints full time, owns her own gallery, writes and blogs about art, teaches, mentors and enjoys a life filled with art, travel, yoga and her horses.
Ginnie feels life and art is all about taking chances and responding to the results which will make this an inspiring time for mind, body and soul. Students of any art level are welcome to join us for this playful, creative art retreat in the Southwest of France.
What’s included in this Creative Holiday
- 10 night’s lodging (single or shared occupancy)
- Daily breakfasts, lunches and aperitifs
- Gourmet evening dinners
- Transport to unique painting sites
- Daily excursions to nearby historic villages- this is a great opportunity to take plenty of photos, sketch, shop and enjoy French culture.
- 24 hour use of the art studio and extensive art library
- Round trip transport to Toulouse International Airport
- Services of bilingual guides
- Painting demos with group and individual instruction
Airfare, a couple of meals and tipping not included.
For all the details and to register, please contact Ginnie directly by email: email@example.com